Character Name: Peyton ElizabethSawyer
Fandom: One Tree Hill
Character Type: Student
Potential Character LJ: darkangelsawyer
Character Age: 17
Students Only: Class: Senior
1. Assume we've never even heard of your show/movie/game/book/comic/play (known as 'canon' from now on). Please explain it to us.: One Tree Hill is basically a teen soap opera that aired originally on the WB and is now on the CW
2. Now onto your character. Please tell us about them. Appearance, personality, how they react to others in general and where they fit into the canon you explained above. Describe the character to us so we can get an idea of who's joining the community.: Peyton is 5'9" with longish dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was born in 1988 and is now 17.
3. Powers! Does your character have any abilities (powers, skills, training or weapons) that go beyond what a normal person would have?:
Peyton is a gifted artist and knows an incredible amount about music - particularly punk rock - but nothing supernatural or magical in any way.
4. Why is your character coming to Fandom and what kind of situation are they leaving behind at home? (ie: where in the canon timeline do they come from?):
Peyton would be coming to Fandom about three episodes into season 3 of the series, shortly after her newly found biological mother dies and just before the beginning of her senior year at Tree Hill. She's had a successful year running her own nightclub (called TRIC), but is still hung up on Jake Jagielski who had to leave Tree Hill after the mother of his baby daughter kidnapped her while Peyton was watching her. She dealt with finding out she was adopted and eventually accepting her biological mother, then produced a record album with her bio mom and was the person who found her bio mom's body when she died (from breast cancer). Her dad is away most of the time working for Global Dredging, so it's decided that it would be good for her to get away from Tree Hill for a while.
I have spoken to both Brooke Mun and Lucas Mun about bringing her in and they're fine with it. We've agreed that she will not be from either of their universes to make interaction easier.
5. Is there any reason that they might cause trouble to other characters in the Fandom High setting due to behavior or abilities? How would you account for that to make the character work well in a group-intensive environment?:
She can be a little curt and bitchy and sarcastic at times, but is far more likely to retreat into herself and her art and her music when upset than anything else. She shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
6. Links to character/series information:
http://www.punkndisorderly.com/ "Peyton's" Website with links to her art
Character Name : Helen Haras-Uquara
Fandom : The Homeward Bounders by Diana Wynne Jones
Character Type : student
Potential Character LJ : Elephantgadget
Character Age : 16
Students Only: Class : Sophomore
Teachers Only: Class Scheduling : 0;0;0;0;0
Townies Only: Career Choice : n/a
1. Assume we've never even heard of your show/movie/game/book/comic/play (known as 'canon' from now on). Please explain it to us. : In brief, the idea is that there are countless parallel worlds and a strange race is using them to play giant Warcraft/D&D type games, by influencing what happens to real people and their worlds. If someone discovers these entities they become Homeward Bounders and are moved from world to world randomly. They are told that if they can ever find their way home they will be allowed to 'reenter Play'. The main character in the book is Jamie and he meets up with Helen and others in his journeys. As they travel from world to world, they eventually discover a way to defeat the entities and set all of the worlds free. Jamie, however, is left to continue to wander the worlds as that is the only way to ensure that the entities cannot return.
2. Now onto your character. Please tell us about them. Appearance, personality, how they react to others in general and where they fit into the canon you explained above. Describe the character to us so we can get an idea of who's joining the community. : Helen is short and slight with black hair and black eyes. She looks a combination of Asian and Middle Eastern. She was born with her right arm a withered stump, but by the time she was six months old she'd developed the ability to make it look like a regular arm. Which led to her father bringing her to the House of Uquar for the priests to tell him if it was all right to stone her for such a thing. They poked her with a stick until she got angry and turned her arm into a stick and poked them back. this proved to the priests that she was the manifestation of the Hand of Uquar and said that she must be brought back to the temple when she was five to be raised and be called Haras-Uquar. They said she would hold sway over all the world and bring back the wider times because that was the prophecy. She was taught a great many languages and customs from many worlds to prepare her for this. Unfortunately, she saw Them (the entities) and was made a Homeward Bounder - thrown out of the temple and stoned.
She can be very short tempered and rude and is definitely a bit of a know it all. She is often overly solemn and serious. However, she does respond well to people who don't put up with her nonsense and is at heart a kind and helpful person.
3. Powers! Does your character have any abilities (powers, skills, training or weapons) that go beyond what a normal person would have? : Helen can turn her right arm into anything she wants - animate or inanimate. Her favorite thing to turn it into is an elephant trunk. She turned it into a knife of light to break the barrier into the entities' enclave during the fight to free the worlds. She does also have an affinity for bugs and creepy crawlies (including rats) and can call them to her, often playing with them when she is sad or upset.
4. Why is your character coming to Fandom and what kind of situation are they leaving behind at home? (ie: where in the canon timeline do they come from?) : Helen would be coming to Fandom at the end of the book. They have freed the worlds and all the Homewards Bounders have been sent back to their rightful places. In Helen's case, the priests of Uquar will send her to Fandom to continue her education. As the prophecy has now been fulfilled, they are at a bit of a loss as to what to do with her so they figure that having her get an education in the wider times and then come back when she is older will better help prepare her for her duties as Haras-Uquar when she is grown.
5. Is there any reason that they might cause trouble to other characters in the Fandom High setting due to behavior or abilities? How would you account for that to make the character work well in a group-intensive environment? : She shouldn't cause much of a problem. She can just be a bit grumpy and rude at times, but she certainly doesn't look to cause trouble.
6. Links to character/series information : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Homeward_Bounders
Things don't go how you expected them to and you find yourself in a situation where you don't get what you want. How will you react out of character as a player? How will you have your character react to the situation? : Nobody gets what they want all of the time. If things start looking as if they're going south I'd send an email or IM to the other player(s) to talk about it and see if we can resolve things to everyone's satisfaction - or at least acceptance. Usually communication can clear things up. If that doesn't work, then you find a way to politely end/get through the thread IC and move on, being careful about your interactions with that person in the future. It's a big game, you don't have to be friends with or play with everyone, you just need to at least be polite and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Please write at least 300 words *in character* having your character do something, anything, at Fandom High. : "No. I don't want to go," Helen said firmly, letting her hair fall to cover her face - an old habit she hadn't resorted to since she and Jamie and the others had chased Them out of the worlds. "I'm supposed to stay here and be the Haras-Uquar. Haven't I spent enough time wandering through random worlds?"
"We could throw you out and stone you again," the priest said mildly. "Uquar has spoken and you will go."
She put her hands on her hips and glared up at him through her hair. "That's just mean to threaten me with that again!"
She huffed out an angry breath, considering her options. "Fine!" she said eventually. "I'll go. But you can't make me like it!"
The doors she'd slammed in her wake would probably never be the same, but she didn't even care. It would serve them all right for making her go to some stupid school on some stupid world that had probably never even heard of Uquar. And she wouldn't even have Jamie and Konstam with her this time.
Helen threw herself down on her bed, reaching blindly to call her pet rat to her and cuddling it close. "I'll show them," she said. "I'll go and I'll be the best student ever and they'll miss me and maybe I won't even ever come back. Won't they be sorry then!"
Eventually, she got up and began throwing clothes into a trunk along with a wide variety of books and other things she thought she'd need. She paused and went to the door of her room, throwing it open and yelling down the hall to them where she just knew they were listening - probably waiting to see if she was going to call a plague of spiders on them or something, not that she'd ever be that mean to any insect. "I'll need money," she yelled, "Lots and lots of money."
And slammed the door again.
And reopened it. "And maybe I won't even always wear black! How do you like that? Who'll be there to make me?"
And slammed it again.
Then she sat down to write a note for them to give to Jamie when he stopped by to see her. By Uquar, they'd better give it to him and tell him how to find her or she'd definitely make them pay!